Sunday, April 1, 2012

Welcome to my blog!

Hello and welcome!

My name is Ashley, or Shlee, as I'm known by my closest friends and family. I'm a teacher, a mother, a fiancee, and a devout foodie. Though I've frequently perused food blogs and publications for more than 5 years, there was no real reason for me to get serious about cooking and baking. I was in high school, lived with my parents, and had a mom who was more than familiar with the kitchen. Starting college in the fall of 2007 led me to the typical dorm cuisine of prepackaged foods and whatever gunk they served in the cafeteria that day. I call these the lost years. Fast forward to May 2011. I graduated college, moved out, and realized that my meals would no longer be prepared for me by my mom. Now living with my fiance, Bryan, and our daughter, Natalie, it was paramount that I fill my family's lives with delicious, healthful, home-cooked meals. I didn't know much about cooking, but I did know that I did not want my daughter growing up on boxed mac and cheese. Though first intimidated in the kitchen, I quickly found that cooking is not as scary as it seems (my meat thermometer really eased my fears!) For the past year, every dinner eaten has been cooked from "scratch" in my obnoxiously small apartment kitchen. And now, you know what? I really love cooking. So I think it's about time I start a chronology of my kitchen experiences! Enjoy!

-Shlee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment